How do I request a training?
Requesting a tailor-made training couldn't be simpler! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with all the following information:
- Why? Please give 1 or 2 reasons why you're requesting a training from us
- Who? Which class/dept/cmte is this for? How many people total? Students, employees, or both?
- What? Topics can be as specific or broad as you want
- When/Where? Provide all available dates/times/locations
- How? Do you want a formal training, an interactive workshop, or us to facilitate a dialogue?
What's the difference between a formal training, an interactive workshop, or a facilitated dialogue?
- Formal Trainings involve activities that increase LGBTQIA knowledge, and are more content-based in nature (i.e. LGBTQIA 101, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Language Terms, etc.)
- Interactive Workshops involve activities where colleagues interact with tough topics & tend to be more skill-based in nature (i.e. Role Plays, Scenarios, Combating Homophobia, etc.)
- Facilitated Dialogues involve us coming in as third-party participants to help your class/department/committee navigate discussions around a focused topic (i.e. Homophobia in Your Workplace, Correct Usage of Gender Pronouns, Spot-checking Your Office for Pro-or-Anti-LGBTQIA Climate, etc.)