"Top 50 Most LGBT-Friendly Campuses in the US"
- Nearly 450 colleges surveyed by CampusPride: UMN Twin Cities has a 99% overall rating
- Ranking categories include LGBTQIA Student Life, Academics, Benefits, Recruitment, and Policies
- Featured in MN Daily campus newsletter, CityPages (local), Star Tribune (local), MN Public Radio (local), ACPA eCommunity, and Huffington Post (national)
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram! @gscumn
- Join our eZine for up-to-date info on upcoming events, volunteer opportunities, jobs, scholarships & more!
- Visit the Queer Student Cultural Center (QSCC)
- Check out the 30+ LGBTQIA student orgs on campus!
Open & Inclusive Spaces:
- Gender and Sexuality Center for Queer and Trans Life’s Student Lounge Space (40 Appleby Hall)
- QSCC on 2nd Floor Coffman has a large hangout space
- Lavender House: LGBTQIA Living-Learning Community (Comstock Hall)
- Gender-Neutral Housing available for students
- All-gender restrooms and locker rooms located around campus
Trans-Inclusive Health Care
- Health Services at the U
- Trans-Inclusive Health Benefits offered to U of M students, staff & faculty
- Program in Human Sexuality offers Insurance Navigation to assist you through your transition process
- Students can register for classes under their preferred name rather than their legal/dead name
- Students can register UCards under their preferred name
Jean Nickolaus Tretter Collection in GLBT Studies
- Huge archive of LGBTQIA memorabilia, journals, books, Pride Parade swag, etc.
- Housed in Elmer Anderson Library on the West Bank
- Globally recognized
- Very beneficial for student research papers
- Gender, Women’s, Sexuality Studies (4th Floor of Ford Hall)
- GLBT Courses and a GLBT Minor
- Office of Equity & Diversity Certificate