Lavender House students engage in several development opportunities throughout the academic year (Note: All dates are TBD and are free):
- Welcome Dinner – The GSC staff will join Lavender House for dinner to provide information about their office, resources, introduce career staff and begin planning events throughout the year.
- Leadership Retreat – Lavender House residents will participate in a weekend-long retreat to create community, develop leadership skills, discover conflict-resolution practices, meet the HRL staff and Lavender House Community Advisor, and attend a session regarding rules and expectations of being a part of the Lavender House Community.
- Community Participation – Lavender House residents will participate in 3 events per semester (6 total during the academic year) related to LGBTQIA identities of their choosing. Options include:
- Attending an educational talk on/off campus
- Attending an event on/off campus
- Volunteering with a student group and/or local organization
- Other community activities
Residents will be expected to write a brief 1-2 paragraph summary of the events to be handed in to the Community Advisor. Students may attend events individually or coordinate with other Lavender House residents and attend as a group.