The University of Minnesota's Trans Advisory & Action Team, TAAT (formerly known as the Transgender Commission), is a coalition of students, faculty, staff, alumni and community members organizing across disciplines and departments for access and liberation for transgender and gender nonconforming people. TAAT is led by trans and gender nonconforming people and open to persons of all gender identities and expressions.
We are guided by an unwavering commitment to intersectional gender justice and self determination, especially for those of us most marginalized and underserved in our communities.
Key Action Areas
- Community Building
- Education & Training
- Facilities Access
- Health Care Access
- Policy Advocacy
What We're Up To
- We have committed to an annual sponsorship of $1,000 toward the creation of the Andrea Jenkins Lecture Series, a project led by the Gender and Sexuality Center for Queer and Trans Life that seeks to: honor the immense activism, education, and advocacy that Andrea Jenkins has contributed to our local, state and national communities; center, imbed, and amplify the voices of queer and trans people of color; create educational opportunities for the campus and community to deepen understanding and increase skills in advocating for queer and trans people of color.
- We are working toward improving the University’s health care system to ensure that University members of all gender identities receive care in an equitable and non-discriminatory manner.
The Trans Advisory & Action Team collaborates regularly with departments across the university on various initiatives, including:
- Boynton Health Services Training
- College of Liberal Arts Student Services Training
- Disability Services "Tri-Collaboration"
- Trans Awareness Project
- Trans-Inclusive Health Benefits